Restaurant | Bar Furniture
Good food is the foundation of genuine happiness, said a wise man. This foundation becomes even stronger when we share the meal with others. Researchers from the University of Oxford have found that social or communal eating makes people feel better about themselves and creates a wider social network. The increased social bonding provides greater social and emotional support. A Cornell University study has revealed that social dining is a crucial ingredient of effective team building.
So, what is this magic potion called ‘social dining’? Every time you eat with your family at the dining table, every time you go out to a restaurant or bar with friends, you are participating in social dining.
The restaurant industry, which forms the core of social dining, is an amalgam of a wide variety of establishments. From restaurants and bars to food courts and canteens, there is a place to suit every palate. Some of the more popular categories of eating establishments include:
- Fine Dining – Also known as white tablecloth restaurants, fine dining establishments can be identified by their fancy décor, formal atmosphere and exotic menu.
- Casual Dining – Less formal than fine dining establishments, casual dinning restaurants exude a more relaxed, informal and friendly atmosphere.
- Contemporary Casual – Modern and trendy eateries, with eco-friendly décor and fusion cuisine, fall in this category.
- Fast food – Otherwise known as quick service restaurants, the focus in these establishments is primarily on quick service and casual ambience.
These are but a few types of dining establishments. The immense variety of restaurants, cafes, bars, pubs, food courts, canteens and the like provide a mind-boggling assortment of dining options. Every commercial space belonging to the restaurant industry is different from the other in some aspect or the other – be it décor, ambience, furniture styles, food, service quality, etc. So, which option should we go for?
Furniture style is one of the main defining characteristics of any dining establishment. There are many restaurant furniture styles to choose from.
- Classic – The classic restaurant furniture style is synonymous with sophistication and elegance. Plush fabrics like silks and leather, muted colour schemes, comfortable yet elegant furniture and an overall rich feel define this style of furniture.
- Stylish glamour – Glamour is understated and does not take precedence over style and comfort. Comfortable furniture, suitable lighting and tactile fabrics in smart colour schemes are the main elements of this style.
- Modern – This restaurant furniture style developed in contrast to the ornate styles like the Victorian and Gothic styles. Furniture in this style has clean lines, sleek materials like chrome and glass, and is motivated more by functionality than visual appeal.
- Country – The country style of restaurant furniture includes rustic, aged furniture, with predominantly pastel colours and organic materials like wicker and rattan.
The different types of dining establishments can choose from these and many more furniture styles. The style opted for depends on the location, overall theme of the restaurant, target clientele, the type of food served, etc.
Dining at a classy, fancy restaurant is an experience to remember. Sophisticated décor, luxurious furnishings, muted lighting, crisp white tablecloths, exceptional customer service and high-quality food are some of the defining characteristics of a fine dining restaurant. Sometimes, simple, understated furnishings – with attention to detail – are enough to create a memorable dining experience.
The extra care taken to provide an enjoyable guest experience is also reflected in the choice of fine dining furniture. Upholstery may have extra stitching, fluting or other ornate details, classy design elements like inlaid marble or metal edging may be used. Upholstered furniture may be used to muffle sounds and provide a calm, soothing experience. On the other hand, metal chairs help to create a dynamic, bustling ambience.
Since every fine dining restaurant aims for exclusivity, fine dining restaurant furniture is usually bespoke or custom-made. The biggest advantage of bespoke furniture is that it can be designed to suit the needs of the restaurant exactly. Chairs of a specific height, upholstery fabrics designed to match the theme of the restaurant – the choices are limitless.
It is therefore no wonder that furniture manufacturers and suppliers across the globe are vying with each other to meet the rising demand for quality, custom-made fine dining furniture. A recent report by a leading market intelligence firm estimated the global luxury furniture market to expand by 4.7% between 2018 and 2023. A significant portion of this growth is driven by the restaurant industry.
Leading furniture manufacturers from India are also witnessing an increasing demand for fine dining furniture, including bespoke furniture. Suren Space, a market leader in exquisite furniture, caters to the growing demand for fine dining furniture in India and across the world.
- Antique Reproduction Real Old Door Sideboard
- Armrest Leather Fitted Designer Choice Dining Set
- Metal Mesh Work Display cum Storage Unit
- Black Finish Hanging Industrial Restaurant Lamp
- Carved Solid Wood Fine Dine Restaurant Furniture
- Dark Walnut Metal Frame Fine Dine Restaurant Table
If the restaurant industry can be compared to a ladder, fine dining restaurants occupy the topmost rung. The lower rungs are occupied by various other types of restaurants and eating joints, each with their own furniture requirements.
- Casual Dining – A restaurant serving moderately priced food, this type of establishment strives for an informal, relaxed atmosphere. The focus is primarily on the guests’ comfort; so upholstered chairs in durable fabrics share the space with multi-functional buffets and servers and extendable tables – ideal for accommodating a larger family.
- Diner – The diner is a typically American eatery. What started as a ‘lunch wagon’ has evolved to become an iconic eating establishment, where social bonding is far more important than the menu. Retro furniture, inspired by the American diners of the 1950s, is in great demand today. Large restaurant tables, comfortable chairs covered in brightly coloured faux leather and chrome-finish furniture recreate the ‘diner ambience’ in modern-day restaurants.
- Food Court and Canteen – Another hugely popular eatery, though low on the ‘restaurant ladder’ in terms of fanciness, is the food court / canteen. Luxury dining is not everyone’s cup of tea. Moreover, in today’s fast-paced world, leisure times are few and far between. The modern individual needs a way to sate his appetite while maintaining a busy schedule. Hence, food courts and canteens at offices and shopping malls. These eating joints are fast becoming networking and social communication hubs. For places with frequent footfalls, furniture would naturally need to be light, sturdy and low maintenance.
Suren Space, India’s leading furniture manufacturer and Jodhpur’s pride, has a vast array of furniture options for all types of commercial spaces, including eating establishments.
- For restaurants
- Velvet Fabric Metal Base Fine Dine Restaurant Chair
- Cast Iron Unique Folding Mango Wood Restaurant Table
- Pure White Walnut Combo Solid Wood Fine Dine Restaurant Dining Set
- Blue Distress Restaurant Theme Industrial Light
- For cafes and diners
- Artistic Metal Base Solid Wooden Top Bistro Café Table
- Metal Pipe Design Square Shape Café Bistro Semi Outdoor Chair
- L Shap Solid Wood Leather Upholstered Corner Restaurant Booth Sofa
- Natural Metal Shade Retro Pendant Light
- For Food courts and canteens
- Recycled Distress Unique Canteen Food Court Dining Set
- Solid Wood Semi Outdoor Canteen Food Court Table Bench Set
- Industrial Eight-Seater Adjustable Dining Table Food Court Canteen Dining Set
Our day-to-day life is becoming increasingly hectic and stressful. Work pressure, peer pressure, pressure of social responsibilities; the list – and the resultant stress – keeps growing. In such a lifestyle, wouldn’t it be wonderful to have ‘stress-free zones’ to unwind in, before resuming our hectic schedules?
That is how the concept of a lounge developed. The dictionary definition of a lounge is an area in which to sit and relax. Naturally, comfort is the main focus when designing lounge furniture. A soothing ambience, large, comfortable sofas, soft lighting, relaxing music – sounds like the perfect getaway?
With the increasingly frenzied pace of our lives, there is very little opportunity to go to a lounge with the sole purpose of relaxing. That is why lounge areas are being incorporated into most commercial spaces – from offices and coworking spaces to restaurants, bars, etc.
While there are many types of lounge furniture, the most popular ones are lounge chairs and sofas. Although lounge chairs have been around since the ancient Egyptian and Roman civilizations, the modern lounge chair – and its various forms – can trace its origins back to the 1920s. The various types of lounge furniture include:
- Eames Lounge Chair – These chairs were originally made from plywood and were upholstered with leather. The distinctive leather and wood chair has been considered an icon of modern furniture designsince its debut.
- Traditional Classic Loungers – These are armless chairs in a permanently reclined position.
- Chaise Lounges – Literally meaning ‘long chair’, these chairs are long enough to stretch out completely and are perfect for unwinding after a hard day.
- Armchairs – An armchair is, quite simply, a comfortable, usually upholstered, chair with arms.
- Club Chairs – Inspired by the Eames Lounge Chair, these chairs can be identified by their low backs and deep seats.
- Wing Chairs – These are known for their high backs and ‘wings’, which are designed to keep drafts of air from the sitter’s back. Warm and cosy indeed!
With lounge areas becoming the new favourite for relaxation and comfort, furniture companies across the globe are competing with each other to meet the rising demand for comfortable, durable lounge furniture.
In India, Suren Space is among the leading players in the furniture industry, including the niche market for lounge furniture. The popularity of the lounge as an integral part of commercial projects across India and the world has led to a rise in demand for Suren Space’s exquisitely designed, comfortable and durable lounge furniture. Jodhpur’s popular furniture manufacturer uses an assortment of materials to create these timeless pieces – from leather and wood to a wide variety of fabrics.
- Round Back Tufted Design Lounge Sofa Design
- Multi-coloured Traditional Fabric Restaurant Lounge Sofa Design
- Roll Arm Classic Looking Lounge Brewery Sofa Design
- Tufted High Back Roll Arm Pure Leather Lounge Sofa
- Resort Lounge Club Chair for Hotel Lobby Area
Society is evolving, social parameters are constantly changing; but man’s need for social bonding – and hence social dining – is here to stay. No matter where we choose to go: a fancy restaurant, a mom-and-pop restaurant or a shopping mall’s food court, the motivation remains the same. The next time you wish to strengthen your social bonds, where will you go?